Solos for Young Cellists Volume 6 is part of an eight-volume series of music compilations with companion CDs. The series ranges from elementary to advanced levels and represents a truly exciting variety of musical genres and techniques. This collection of wonderful music offers young cellists the opportunity to work in various positions, techniques, meters, keys, and musical styles. Many of the works have long been recognized as stepping stones to the major instrumental repertoire, while others are newly published pieces and original compositions, providing an exciting and diverse choice of study. The collection will become a valuable resource for teachers and students of all ages and levels. The piano track recorded on the second half of each CD gives the cellist the chance to practice performing with accompaniments. Selections from the Cello Repertoire compiled, ed., and arr. Carey Cheney.
Solos for Young Cellists Volume 6 titles include:
- Song Without Words, Op. Posthumous 109 F. Mendelssohn
- Sonata in C Major, G. 6 9 (Allegro, Largo, Allegro) L. Boccherini with keyboard realizations and cello accompaniment setting by Claude Kenneson
- Piece pour violoncelle, Op. 77 ("Papillon") G. Fauré
- Prayer from "Jewish Life" E. Bloch
- Eclectic Suite ("Pops' Cycle") (Potpourri, Song of Light, Ripsnorter Finale) M. Forsyth