Solos for Young Violists Volume 2
Solos for Young Violists Volume 2 is part of a five-volume series of music books with companion compact discs featuring 34 works for viola and piano. Many of the pieces in this collection have long been recognized as stepping stones to the major viola repertoire, while others are newly discovered, arranged, and published for this series. Compiled, edited, and recorded by violist Barbara Barber, Solos for Young Violists is a graded series of works ranging from elementary to advanced levels and represents an exciting variety of styles and techniques for violists. The collection has become a valuable resource for teachers and students of all ages. The piano track recorded on the second half of each CD gives the violist the opportunity to practice with accompaniments.
CD/Audio performed by Barbara Barber and available for download here.
Solos for Young Violists Volume 2 titles include:
- Concertante Thomas V. Bucci (composer)
- Divertimento in C Major Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (composer); Gregor Piatigorsky (arranger)
- Fantasia – La Cenerentola Charles Dancla (composer)
- Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring Moritz Moszkowski (composer); Watson Forbes (arranger)
- Londonderry Air
- March Militaire Franz Schubert (composer)
- Sarabande Carl Bohm (composer)
- Spanish Dance (Op. 12, No. 1) Moritz Moszkowski (composer)
|Series:||Solos for Young Violists|
Bohm K., Bucci T., Dancla C, Moszkowski M., Mozart W.A., Schubert F.