Yamaha SVB200-SK Silent Electric Bass
The Yamaha SVB200-SK Silent Electric Bass is the most popular Electric Upright Bass in the line-up. This EUB delivers resonant tone in a compact design.
- Unique resonating chamber
- Designed for professional gigging & recording
- Priced with even the “recreational” player in mind
- Maximum portability, detachable frame
- Dual piezo pickups
- Body made of Spruce & Mahogany, Maple neck
- Sleek, protective gig bag
Yamaha’s Silent Bass series offers bassists a choice of two models, both of which feature body and pickup systems deigned to bring out the best tone from each instrument. The SVB-200 is a performance-oriented bass designed with a light and compact body that makes transport to and from the gig simple & easy. The hollow-body design and special internally mounted pickup system deliver pizzicatos which are solid, rich and realistic, and fit naturally into any jazz or pop setting. Built-in electronics offer plug-and-play simplicity and the detachable frame gives the instrument a feel and playability close to that of an acoustic bass.
The SVB-200 features a detachable frame that provides excellent support and comfort when playing but are easily removed for transport. The SVB-200 is designed to break down and fit into a compact case which can be carried comfortably using a shoulder strap.
Volume, Treble and Bass controls on the SVB-200 provide straightforward control over the instrument’s tone while its active electronics offer plug-and-play operation without the need for external pre-amplification.
- Neck: Maple
- Body: Spruce & Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple (Height Adjustable)
- Frame: Beechwood (Detachable)
- Tuning Pegs: Custom Worm Gear Type
- Tailpiece: Ebony (Reverse Type)
- Strings: D’Addario™ Pizzicato
- String Length: 41″ (1,040mm)
- Sensors: Piezo
- Electric Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Power supply: 1 X 9-volt battery
- Battery Life: Manganese battery: 12 hours (approx.); Alkaline battery: 24 hours (approx.)
“When I’m looking for that ‘Upright’ sound, I reach for my Silent Bass. The sound quality is rich and full and the feel is very comfortable. In my arsenal of basses, my SVB-200 has become an important instrument for live gigs as well as in the studio.”
— Nathan East, Renowned Bass Artist